FOUR SIMPLE STEPS to enroll in the Pontifical John Paul II Theological Institute
Fill the pre-registration online
Prepare all necessary documents
Prepare the study plan together with the Director of Studies
Send all documents to the Secretariat
A. Fill the PRE-IMMATRICULATION on-line
B. Prepare the DOCUMENTS to be presented (ENROLLMENT starts in June):
- Online pre-registration
- Application form
- Identity card or passport (with entry visa in Italy for students from countries subject to the issuance of the entry visa)
- High school diploma valid for admission to university in the country of origin
- Qualification required for the program to be followed:
- For the Licentiate in Theology of Marriage and the Family (STL): Baccalaureate in Theology (STB) at least with the qualification cum laude.
- For the Doctorate in Theology of Marriage and Family (STD): Licentiate in Theology of Marriage and Family (STL), at least with the qualification of magna cum laude.
- For the Licentiate in Marriage and Family Sciences: Baccalaureate issued by an ecclesiastical faculty or a Higher Institute approved by the Holy See, or those who have a civil degree of first cycle at least three years.
- For the Doctorate in Marriage and Family Sciences: Licentiate in Sciences on Marriage and Family, at least with the qualification of magna cum laude. If, in the judgment of the President of the Pontifical Institute, the formation of students who have obtained a degree of licentiate in another Faculty or Institute is insufficient, it must be completed with courses chosen by the President .
- For the annual Diploma of Expert in Marriage and Family Sciences: high school degree valid for access to university in the country of origin.
- For the Master’s in Bioethics and Formation: a specialized university degree.
- For the Amoris Laetitia Courses and the Workshops: University degree or high school degree valid for access to university in the country of origin.
- Letter of presentation: by the parish priest, for the laity; by their Ecclesiastical Superior, for priests and religious.
- Two passport-size photographs
- Certificate of knowledge of the Italian language (for non-Italian students)
- Receipt of payment of academic fees
- Other possible certificates of knowledge of languages
C. Prepare the STUDY PLAN together with the Director of Studies (not necessary for application to Amoris Laetitia Courses and the Workshops)
To complete your study plan, you must first ask for an appointment with the Director of Studies, Prof. Vincenzo ROSITO (appointments via e-mail: email@example.com from September 1, 2021).
For this appointment you must send in advance to Prof. Rosito:
- Proposal of the plan of studies corresponding to the chosen program (see the page reserved for each program, where you can find the plan of studies, the description of the courses, the timetable of the lessons and the modules for choosing the plan of studies).
- Certificate of previous studies
a. Baccalaureate in Theology (STB) at least cum laude, for enrolment in the Licentiate in Theology
b. Licentiate in Theology (STL) at least magna cum laude, for enrollment in the Doctorate in Theology
c. Degree of at least three years, for enrolment in SMF Licentiate
d. Licentiate in SMF at least magna cum laude, for the registration to the Doctorate in SMF
D. Send all documents to the SECRETARIAT
In order to finalize the registration, you must send to the Secretariat all the documents necessary for the registration, in advance by e-mail to the following addresses:
- firstname.lastname@example.org (for Doctorate and Licentiate programs in Theology)
- email@example.com (for Doctorate and Licentiate programs in Marriage and Family Science)
Some of the documents (see point 1) must then be sent to the Secretariat in original (Enrolment form; certificate of previous studies; presentation letter; language certificates) and in certified copy (identity card or passport, entry visa to Italy, high school diploma).
Address for shipping:
Pontifical John Paul II Theological Institute
Piazza S. Giovanni in Laterano 4
00120 Vatican City
For further information, please, write to firstname.lastname@example.org