“Anthropological-cultural change, that today influences all aspects of life and requires an analytic and diversified approach. We must be informed and impassioned interpreters of the wisdom of faith in a context in which individuals are less well supported than in the past by social structures, and in their emotional and family life. With the clear purpose of remaining faithful to the teaching of Christ, we must therefore look, with the intellect of love and with wise realism, at the reality of the family today in all its complexity, with its lights and its shadows”
Pope Francis, Summa familiae cura
The Licentiate in Marriage and Family Sciences, with its rigorous academic profile, is designed primarily for lay people who wish to accompany families in their social, historical and cultural dynamism.
Courses in Marriage and Family Sciences are modeled in correspondence with the urgency of updating the dialogue of Christian thought and culture in the areas of comparative law (religious and civil), the sociology of economic, political, and technological transformations of the community, the role of family institutions in the formation of the human being and in the articulation of intermediate bodies destined to the ethical and affective integration of the social bond.
Licentiate in Marriage and Family Sciences
- Duration: 2 academic years (120 ECTS).
- Admission requirement: University Bachelor degree of at least three years.
- Objectives: to train the student in a thorough knowledge of the subject matter and to educate him/her to scientific work.
- The order of studies is divided into fundamental disciplines, complementary subjects, workshops, and seminars. A final examination and a written dissertation are required.
- Study Plan 2022-2023 (all courses ans seminars are taught in Italian)
- Academic Norms for the Licentiate in Sciences
Dott.ssa Susanna BEFANI
Tel: (+39) 06 698 95 535