“If a fruitful examination of pastoral theology cannot be conducted neglecting the special ecclesial profile of the family, likewise that same pastoral sensibility must take into account the valuable contribution of thought and reflection that examine, in the deepest and most rigorous way, the truth of the revelation and wisdom of the tradition of faith, in view of its better comprehension at the present time”.
Pope Francis, Summa familiae cura
The Doctorate in Theology of Marriage and Family is designed to promote theological specialization and transdisciplinary formation of those who, in the Church, want to deal with family realities at the academic level.
The historical condition of families demands a wisdom that knows how to accompany and discern. For this reason, in the program of the Doctorate in Theology of Marriage and Family, particular importance is given to the anthropological and moral significance of motherhood and fatherhood, disability and inclusion, economics and politics, cultures and social imagery, practices oriented to care and the search for the common good. In short, it is a question of restating the believing reason for the family experience in all its complexity.
Doctorate in Theology of Marriage and Family (STD)
- Duration: 3 academic years.
- Admission requirement: Licentiate in Theology (STL), at least magna cum laude.
- Objectives: the Doctorate qualifies the student to teach in a Faculty and is aimed at perfecting the scientific formation through research and the elaboration of the doctoral dissertation.
- Study Plan 2021-2022 (all courses and seminars are taught in Italian)
- Academic Norms for the Doctorate
Mrs. Angela MEZZANOTTI
Tel: (+39) 06 698 95 536